Monday, January 16, 2012

Providence Restaurant Week

So I was not planning on doing a blog post so soon but I felt I had to share my good fortune with the rest of you. Yesterday began Providence's restaurant week and it will continue until Sunday, January 28th! Thats over a week for those of you who aren't inclined in math. Looking over the list, I was shocked by the fine dining restaurants participating. Last night, my roommates and I had by far the best steak of our lives. We ate at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. It was really a magically experience for those of you who have never been there before. The service was exceptional and as expected the food was so excellent that I cannot describe it in words. For their restaurant week menu, they offer three courses, starting with : A steakhouse salad or Seafood Gumbo, the second offers: An 8oz filet, A 12oz NY strip, Blue crab-crab cakes, or a Stuffed Chicken breast and finally dessert, which is a duo of berries and a chocolate mousse cup. When looking at the regular menu, the 8oz fillet I ordered is originally $40. But for three courses, steak included I only paid $30.

Restaurant Week is an amazing opportunity that I'm not quite sure if very many people take advantage of. As students who appreciate fine dining and first class food, this is a resource that all of us should be taking advantage of. I looked at other menus and they are all an excellent deal as well. There are over 90 restaurants participating such as Ruth Chris, Capriccio's, Gracie's, and Hemmingway's just to name a few. I highly suggest that if you can, you take advantage of Providence's Restaurant week, for dinner or even lunch (which is priced at $15 but not offered by all restaurants) because it really is a great price for an outstanding meal.

Heres the website: http://www.goprovidence.com/rw/

No comments:

Post a Comment